Thursday, December 10, 2009

This is my nightmare

Click for bigger version.

While my hockey career has been short, I've watched enough to know where I should, generally, be. That is, I know that my goal is to try and stay in or near the blue area, and though I'm an incompetent skater, I know where I should be, even if I can't get there.

My biggest fear is what happened to Jon Quick during tonight's game against Phoenix. He had to slide to his left to make a save, and as he slid out of the crease, Kings defenseman Matt Greene slid into him and sent the poor guy into the boards. For the next 3 or 4 seconds, Quick was trying to get up and make it back into the crease as the puck made its way around the back of the net and into dangerous territory.

I know this will happen to me someday.

Scary.

No comments: