Husky hockey is still a ways away, but my first broomball game is this Sunday. I'll be back between the pipes as a "Wildabeast" (I recognize that our team name is misspelled) for the second year. I will undoubtedly hurt myself, so you'll hear about that Sunday or Monday. Games are Sundays at Matthews if anyone wants to come along...here's the schedule if you're interested in watching Marcus fall on ice.
September 28th- 2pm
October 5th- 6pm
October 19th- 6pm
October 26th- 8:30pm
November 23rd- 6pm
Seeing Thiessen, Ginand, and Vitale walking around is amping me up a little. Beanpot or bust?
Otherwise, though, enjoy the bullets below. It's a little Husky-heavy as NU sports start to pick up. Remember, football at Parsons Field on Saturday at noon...beat the Aggies.
- The Angels have a magic number of 4 to clinch home field advantage in the ALCS. Let's do it. There are six games left, including tonight's game at Safeco.
- Vlad's over .300 and has 25 homers, yet again. If he keeps his average up there, he'll be joining Lou Gehrig as the only players to hit .300 with 25 home runs for 11 straight seasons. Go, Vlad.
- Northeastern women's soccer player Veronica Napoli took home CAA rookie of the week honors for assisting on one goal and providing two goals, including the tying and game-winning goals, in the next game. If you get the chance to watch the women's soccer team play, Napoli is number 7, and she's obscenely fast. Veronica and Co. play Drexel on Friday at 6...I'm gonna try to make it while trying to avoid proposing on the sideline.
- Yankee Stadium has passed. As much as I hate that franchise, I'm still infinitely sad for never having made it to the Stadium to see a game.
- Again, NU plays UC Davis on Saturday at noon. The Huskies lost 28-10 at Davis last year, but I have a hard time seeing them lose this game. If Orio has a moderately good day behind center, the Huskies win this one by 10.
- Finally, the 2008-2009 hoops schedule is out. Games to watch: Providence, Indiana, and Memphis. This Husky team is going to be very, very good this year and has a shot at the CAA title. There is some definite upset possibility with those three games.
- Casey...getting hot. We miss you, buddy.