- This man earns his contract on and off the field, but "hitting adjustment" or not, he's not likely to hit 50 homers like he's currently projected. But as long as he keeps being Torii, there's little he can do that will make me dislike him. Great teammate. Great face for the organization. And a great signing.
- Tacoby Bellsbury had a straight steal of home that was pretty fun to watch. I'd say it's fair, as Pettite was picking off Red Sox all night.
- Justin Upton is the proud owner of the hardest hit homer I've ever seen. It's gotta get over the wall in under two seconds. I don't know if a fan touched it, but that son of a bitch must've hurt.
- John Lackey and Ervin Santana both threw bullpen sessions, and, barring setbacks, will begin rehab at Rancho Cucamonga. Kelvim Escobar might be moving forward as well, but jeez, I wish major leaguers would understand that trying to move ahead of a rehab schedule is a dumb idea. Twice, now, Escobar has had to step off the routine. I'm convinced the reason Jordan Farmar is still struggling with the Lakers is a lingering knee issue derived from his arrival on the court two weeks before scheduled. That, and his enormous ears.
- Speaking of the Lakers, they really need to stop screwing around. That said, they'll beat whoever they play next despite Bynum's troubles.
- From Uniwatch, I called this. The Red Sox have a very serious image issue. And the fans are whining (¡que sorpresa!).
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
In no particular order:
Posted by Marcus at 8:13 AM