Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quick Notes

Test tomorrow, hence the slow posting lately.
  • The AL won. Again. 4-3 this time, with the winning run coming off an Adam Jones sac fly following a Curtis Granderson triple.
  • I just posted a FanShot over at Halos Heaven that links to this LA Times story. A nice touch from Maddon, but unnecessary. Of course, congratulations to Figgy for making his first All Star game. My view of his play has always been tinted though my '06 goggles, but he's been a high quality player, despite his lack of power, for several seasons now.
  • Lamar Odom is walking the fine line that separates playing for the Lakers and playing for irrelevance.
  • I can't discuss the concept in any real detail, but I'll be working on some extremely exciting baseball technology over the next six months as part of my capstone project here at Northeastern. If this idea works out, it has the chance to revolutionize the way we analyze pitching mechanics. As the project moves forward, I'll have a better idea of what can and can't be revealed in such a public forum and, at the very least, there should be a patent application filed in several months which will allow full disclosure. Naturally, Northeastern's IP policy will hamper my ability to get rich, but hey, it's still better than MIT's.

No comments: