Thiess, you looked better in red and black, but congrats on hoisting your team back in to the playoff hunt. (see final bullet)
- Jake Newton signs with, sigh, the Ducks. What really disappoints me is the attached picture, because that's a shot ringing off the post against BU in the Beanpot.
- The Kings lost 3-0 to the Blackhawks last night, doing nothing to ease my fears of yet another late season collapse. I think they only need to go 5-8 or so to make the playoffs, but when they can't get up for a home game against Chicago (outshot 37-17), something dangerous is lurking in the locker room. Of course, when you don't get to go on a single power play, something's wrong.
- Brendan pointed out that I made it onto Uniwatch, one of my all-time favorite blogs. Check the second item on the news ticker.
- The Angels are 3-9 this spring training. Ruh-roh.
- Brad Thiessen, despite the awful St. Paddy's day jersey, is besting John Curry's numbers with the baby Pens, posting a 2.66 GAA and a .907 save percentage while improving his record to 8-11-1. But seriously though, that jersey is awful. Meanwhile, Joe Vitale is racking up the assists (and the PIM totals), and is supposedly close to a first taste of the NHL.