- I cannot fucking wait for the game of baseball to be called by computers. Never mind the ridiculous strike zone inaccuracies, when a second base umpire flat misses a steal call, calling the runner safe before he even touches the bag (and after he gets tagged), something needs to change. It's an embarrassment to the game.
- Why Mike Scioscia always keeps his crappy starters in to blow leads is a trait I will never understand.
- I might have to revisit my 2006 stance where I stop watching the Angels until they manage to play two games in a row without an error.
- If you were to ask me what player I thought would be the biggest Angel killer on Tampa Bay, Jason Bartlett would be second to last in front of Greg Zaun. Oh wait, they both had critical at bats tonight? Shit.
- It's only going to be fun to watch the Red Sox miss the playoffs if the Angels get in. And until they learn to pitch, it's not looking great.
- By the way, here's a rule of thumb for placing blame on certain members of a team should they lose: If the team gives up more than 5 runs, it's the pitching's fault. If the team doesn't score at least 5 runs, it's the lineup's fault. Simple and effective, and rightfully assigns blame to the greater of two sucks.
- I'm starting to understand how Rangers fans have felt for the last two seasons: all offense, no pitching, and plenty of errors.
- I would really enjoy an island vacation at the moment. San Diego and LA will provide approximations in about a week.
- Congrats, Vlad, on #400:
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
It's the Week From Hell, so posting's gonna be slow.